My Games

Saturday, August 18, 2018

Danscape Play Report (with poorly-edited sprite art by me)!

I played my first game of LotFP/OSR/FLAILSNAIL the other day, with GM Dan D. His play report is great so I don't need to repeat it, just follow the link above. I feel like I have a better sense of what OSR and LotFP are all about now, and I'm looking forward to running my own Phantasmos LotFP game in the near future (was supposed to be this weekend, now I think some time next week :( ).

Despite rolling terribly all game, I'm really happy with how Harabim "Rob" Seraphael, the corrupted Anti-Mutant (former Anti-Cancer Druid) turned out. Ze was a little bit Data from Star Trek: TNG, a little bit Data doing other characters as he is wont to do on TNG, and a little bit of my own sensibilities.

I really appreciate Dan allowing me to use my own setting content in his game, and despite his caveats about how he was under-prepared, I had a lot of fun with his science fantasy sensibilities and hope to game again with him and the rest of the group soon!

Below is a brief writeup of Rob, and a poorly edited sprite art depiction of zir:

Zirs original name was wiped from zirs memory, along with any other pertinent knowledge of the anti-mutants and anti-cancer druids, after an encounter with an especially powerful urban organism corrupted zirs DNA. Ze nominally still identifies as an anti-cancer druid but has lost most of zirs abilities. Ze was chased off the Green Moon by the other anti-mutants, surviving only by chance after a clumsy escape. Ze has found zirself on a spacefaring vessel unfamiliar to zir, traveling far beyond the world ze knows.

Ze has taken on the name Harabim Seraphael, so named for zirs corruption of form, but after being told that the name sounded pretentious and morose, ze took the nickname “Rob”. Ze has most of zirs prior self-knowledge, but no personality or self-identity to speak of, although ze finds zirself phasing through different identities ze mimics from zir new acquaintances. 

Ze is humanoid, covered in a sleek metallic skin with neon green lines running throughout. Ze wears a vantablack cape and carries a noxium sprayer gun, stuck in the concentrated beam formation. With some effort, ze can feed simple matter such as crossbow bolts into the sprayer to fire reality-shredding beams of noxium. Ze’s head is reminiscent of a raven, and additionally has a neon green feathery plume. Ze also has a milky green, fleshy humanoid face.



No comments:

Post a Comment