My Games

Thursday, April 18, 2019

30 Day Challenge: Day 29 Superhero Fantasy Species

I know I've already done one like this, but this one is a little more specific. For this one, I'll take superheroes and outline a fantasy species with roughly their appearance, powers, or other features.


  • Grimmlins: Brash and boisterous rock-men who came from the stars
  • Spiderlings: Humanoid spider-men known for their poor humor, poor luck, and sense of responsibility
  • Changelings: Green men with psionic and shape-shifting abilities, with an unfortunate aversion to fire
  • Collosi: Large humanoids with metallic skin, known primarily for being simple and good-natured
  • Blue-Beasts: Humanoids with vaguely ape-like and feline-like features, and blue (or sometimes gray) fur. In addition to their physical prowess, they are also incredibly bright. However, while generally pleasant and well-meaning, they sometimes lack social grace
  • Cyclopses: Surprisingly slim for their size, at least until adulthood. They are most recognizable for their ruby-quartz eyes which can project force beams

This is another one I'd like to come back to (when this series is done I'm gonna have to go back and mark all the ones I want to come back to...). It would be easy to make a large table of all of these and I could see it being a good setting randomizer.

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful post. It was really nice to read this post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, glad you like it! I'm slowly working on a much larger-scale version of this actually. I currently have ~20, and would like to get to ~100 before posting. I'm crowdsourcing, so if you have some ideas let me know and I can share the google sheet with you!

      Delete