So this 5 minute challenge, in-line with Aquarian Dawn, is going to be about traditional fantasy settings with a twist.
- There are no humans
- The humans are actually part of a gritty, near-future sci-fi exploration / colonization team
- The humans are actually part of a utopian, future starfleet that believes in peace, stranded on the world indefinitely
- Orcs, the bio-engineered or bred race of warrior elves, have been accepted back into elven society. Inequality and social tensions still exist, but progress is being made.
- Some (but not all) monsters and magic-users actually have the X-gene
- A race of technologically advanced aliens have begun to colonize the world
- Xenomorphs or a similar species have landed on the world and are breeding rapidly
Dang, this was harder than I anticipated (a lot of these are recycled ideas :( ). Not a terrible list, but I think there are a lot more interesting things I could have done. Anyway this has clearly been on my mind lately, so I'll keep thinking about it. Also, am I imagining this, or did I already do one like this? I didn't go back to check, but now I'm thinking maybe I did...
So that's it for the 30 Day Challenge! I'll try to post once or twice a week again with normal posts, or work on larger-scale, more ambitious projects again like tables and stuff. This was a fun way to get me thinking creatively again, but I do think it hampered my ability to do more ambitious things a bit, so I'm ready to scale up.
On an unrelated note, I finally started playing around with textgenrnn again, one of the neural networks that Janelle uses, so if anyone has or knows of a large dataset related to tabletop that I could do some fun stuff with (besides the ones she already has on her github), let me know! I don't reddit much anymore but I think I saw some people doing a neural network bestiary, would love to do something like that but I don't know what their dataset is and haven't had a chance to find one.