My Games

Wednesday, March 27, 2019

30 Day 5 Minute Challenge: Day 7 Quirky Superpowers

While I've already done 100 superpowers which I'd like to think are generally better than whatever I'm going to come up with right now in 5 minutes, I want to come up with more. Many of those powers were very weird, high-concept, and bombastic. I want superpowers to be a part of my Aquarian Dawn setting, but in a much more low-key manner, more so inspired by knacks from the Powder Mage books (which I highly recommend), with a bit of YuYu Hakusho Season 3 (?) and just a dash of My Hero Academia  thrown in. This isn't going to be the definite list for Aquarian Dawn, but might jumpstart my thought processes.

On an unrelated note, I had intended to do a post on the Aquarians themselves at some point, where parthenogenesis was going to be (and still will be) a part of their biology, but I got scooped, and he wrote it up better than I could have anyway so I might wait a while to write that up, but there are certainly other aspects of Aquarian Dawn I'd like to get to sooner or later (for the record I think I talked about it in brief in a private discord group somewhere!). I think I have a different take on elves for the setting that could be pretty interesting, and also dwarves, and fey, and I want to talk about this superpowers angle at some point as well.

Ok, so quirky superpowers:


  • Emit laser-pointers from fingertips
  • Create strobe effect by blinking
  • Can disrupt the internal clock of others by one second at a time
  • Dream other peoples dreams
  • Can see the last thing a dead person saw from looking in their eyes
  • Can communicate with a dead person while they are freshly dead, before their synapses go to shit
  • Bodily fluids are a powerful stimulant
  • Bodily fluids are a powerful depressant
  • Their presence makes music sound euphoric
  • Objects do not wear when used by them
  • Empathize with everyone and everything
  • Their qualia is objective reality in the space around them

Not a terrible list, but I think the proper Aquarian Dawn list, if I ever make it, will be more finely crafted.

No comments:

Post a Comment