My Games

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Qualia Elves and the Overlight by way of DeepDream




The mental images or thematic apperceptions of psychological projective tests; the objects seen in clouds; the phosphenes and hypnogogic imagery before sleep; pareidolia. Abstract like a Van Gogh painting or a projection of an elf through DeepDream. On sunny days they stream through physical space across sparse clouds on bolts of invisible lightning composed of the static charges of qualemes, the smallest units of subjective thought. They exist in and out of consciousness on the sunny plane of foggy minds known as The Overlight.

I ran this drawing by the artist Belibr of Merisiel from the tabletop RPG Pathfinder by Paizo through DeepDream, as a crude representation of the Qualia Elves and the Overlight from my list of 20 Weird & Wonderful Elf Subtypes. The "Overlight" was just some dumb bullshit I came up with on the spot as sort of a joking nod to the Underdark, but I was really happy with my writeup of the qualia elves and now I kind of actually want to write up a mini-setting for the Overlight. I dunno, is that something you would be interested in seeing? Let me know!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment