My Games

Sunday, December 23, 2018

Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells Automatic Character Generator

As part of my continuing series of content for the awesome, OSR-esque, rules-light tabletop RPG Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells, here is an automatic character generator!

If this makes you interested in SS&SS, or you were already interested in SS&SS, I would encourage you to check out my SS&SS Automatic Monster Generator, an automated version of the monster generator available in the Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells Addendum (with one additional monster nature of my own design).

You can also check out my Micro-Setting post The Glass Desert, a setting built around10 monsters created using the aforementioned SS&SS automatic monster generator.

I'd also like to thank Angus Warman, whose OSR character generators I used as a point of reference for this character generator.




This cool demon-dragon on the cover of SS&SS gives you a sense of this awesome game!

Generate Sharp Swords & Sinister Spells Character
NOTE1: For level > 1, the chosen attribute for the improvement roll is a random attribute less than 18 that is not either of the primary attributes
NOTE2: Coinage (in silver) is multiplied by level
NOTE3: For random archetype, the archetype is chosen based on the highest of the average of the primary attributes, e.g. if the average of physique and agility is higher than the average of agility and intellect or intellect and willpower, the archetype will be assigned to Warrior, since physique and agility are the primary attributes for Warrior. If there is a tie, an archetype is randomly selected from the tied averages.

Choose a level (or leave blank for random) 


Choose an archetype (or leave blank for random)



2 comments:

  1. Have you done anything like this for T&T. i have found a couple character generators online for 7.5 but not for the new Deluxe Tunnels and Trolls, which adds a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had started one a while back but never got around to finishing it, can't remember why since it seems like an obvious thing for me to do 0.o. Maybe it's because I found this one and even though it's not Deluxe Edition it was still pretty robust. I think I had intended to reverse engineer it and then update it for Deluxe and maybe also add some of my own content to it, but ya, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

      Delete