My Games

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

BIG UPDATE: Good news / Bad news

This is not a content post, just an update. Without giving my whole life story, basically I was just offered a major opportunity that will involve me moving from Colorado to New York and starting a new career, all of which will involve many major lifestyle changes. I need to be in New York for work by mid-January, meaning really I need to be in New York in like a month, and on top of that I will probably be very busy with work stuff for several months afterwards.

It's possible that I've made this enough of a regular part of my life that even amidst all the chaos I will be able to keep up with the blog, but likely I will have to scale back significantly, posting less frequently and less ambitiously, and certainly I will have to be less active in the community.

My hope is that once things settle I'll be able to be more involved again, and again without going into all the minutia, this new career should put me in a position to do things I am not currently able to do, like commission more art or maybe fund a book. So that's exciting!

Anyway, I knew there was a good chance this would happen so I've been trying to restrain myself and slow down my posting, and I've been working on building up a backlog so that the transition will be more seamless. Maybe I'm overestimating how all-consuming these changes will be and there'll be no discernible difference. I just wanted to put this out there so that if, over the winter, it seems like I'm receding or disappear, you all know I'm ok and hopefully not gone forever!

Thank you all so much!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job, may it bring you mounds of money.

    Looking forward to your triumphant return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hopefully there will be both mounds of money and a triumphant return :)!!!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've never actually lived in New York haha (although I've visited many times), but anyway thanks!

      Delete